Monday, July 5, 2010

Cat-Tastic



Following the pattern precisely, granted I used the wrong yarn, the hat shrunk ALOT!
I had a problem putting it on Jingle Bear.
I am hoping Tesah has dolls or stuffies that would like a new hat.
I have decided not to use the pattern much anymore. I used it to start the ring. I will be using it for the ears and eyes.
For my most recent hat, I picked up Bernat Chunky. It's a #5 bulky. I added stiches, lots of stitches. To be on the safe side, I also added a whole row of double crochets.
Three hours into making the main hat, I realized it did not fit. I ripped it apart (except for the starting circle) and decided to just keep adding and adding until it fit both mine and my boyfriends heads.
I have come to the realization that when I crochet, most patterns do not work for me.



Here's some "love-in-the-mist", courtesy of my garden

...I think I like the idea of ending my posts with a flower from my garden! Yes!

No comments: