Sunday, December 12, 2010

Azuzu the snow yeti


Azuzu lives in a small village. Thursdays were her day to go down to the dock to go fishing. She gathered up her rod and snatched her neckwarmer before heading out the door. Yetis might be furry allover, but they prefer to have some sort of stylish flair.

She arrived at the edge of the ocean and set her hook. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
Azuzu watched the birds soar above the water. She listened to the waves crash against the ocean. Her rod jiggled. She grabbed it and quickly reeled it in.

TAH-DAH!
She took the fish off the hook and looked at it.
"An orange fish? I have never seen an orange fish?!"

*******************************************************************************


I bought the snow monster pattern from Lucy Ravenscar because I fell in love with the adorableness of it.
The yarn I used to make the body was not very co-operative. I could have ripped it out, but as I was attempting to it ripped. From that point, I decided to just keep going.
Since it was not quite accurate to the pattern, I gave my monster the same hands as feet (but obviously smaller).
Mine is still 6" tall.
I am going to re-attempt to make it with a yarn that is not so fluffy.

The goldfish was just something quick from my head.

4 comments:

Manda said...

I love it! The yeti, the post, it's all wonderful! You should sell some of your creations.

Annie said...

I dont think I could sell this one because it's based off someone else's...even though it doesn't look the same.

Unknown said...

He's so cute! I was looking at the Etsy site & was wondering what type of yarn she used for the yeti. Yours looks a bit like that soft, kind of bumpy yarn. Yeah... I'm not very good about paying attention to types of yarn. :P

Annie said...

Jaimie, she used Mohair. I didnt have any of that. It was either plain yarn for myself, or the bumpy, bubble-y kind. I dont even know what to call it. I am going to refrain from buying more yarn until mine is all gone...but...mooohaaaaiiiirrr