Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tis the season to make things

My boyfriend's sister was quite happy with the hood I made for her -even if I didn't really like it. She said it was very warm and would keep everything else warm when she was walking around town.
I am pleased.
For my boyfriend's aunt, we picked her up an iPhone case (later to realize she had an iTouch). Because I wasn't fully sure, I made a case for the case.
Quickly I made up a rectangle and crocheted the sides together. I added a frilly lip to it, because I thought it would look neat against the yarn pattern.


For my friend Sam, I made her a cow -which still has to visit the post office (I did not forget you).
I picked up Super-Super Cute Crochet by Brigitte Read.
The cow was super cute, and super easy to do.
I like things that are simple. The best thing about the book, is in the back is a glossary of stitches and a diagram of how to do the stitches. It definately comes in handy because I usually have to Google them, only to go "Right..I knew that".


My brain decided that I wanted to make a penguin. Not just any penguin, a PINK penguin.
So, I did.
No pattern, just m brain.
I am amazed by how well it turned out.
The only problem is, it reminds me of something...and I just can't place it.
If you know, help a girl out?!


I am also working on a blanket. No picture yet.
I showed my boyfriend and said I was just doing it free-hand and mind. His response: "I can tell".
Gee thanks!

My dad bought me 2 of those plastic storage containers with drawers for my yarn -instead of it sitting in a giant bucket.
One of these days before the new year I shall untangle the mess and put them all in their new home.

And I leave you with this:

I am surprised that my broccoli plant decided to bear some vegetable....but also sad. When I was out to take the picture I exclaimed - I COULD HAVE EATEN YOU!!

3 comments:

Manda said...

Your creations are awesome! You are so talented!

Samantha said...

My cow, my cow!!! I can't wait! Your freehand penguin turned out really well!

Unknown said...

I love the cow! He's frickin' cute!