Saturday, March 5, 2011

What I have done



I made a squirrel! He is 3.5 inches of adorableness!
The pattern came from here.
I really love her work, and they're all so simple to do.

I started this pattern off thinking I would turn it into a chipmunk as a memorial for the ones that were killed in traps in our basement.R.I.P. However, because it was the first time making one, I decided to stick with making it a squirrel.

The skeleton body on the inside, I made too short, so there is only a limited range of bending, but just enough so that he can still hold on to his acorn.

I am not sure if it's the eyes, the little arms, or the fact that I thought GIANT eyes would be adorable, but I am reminded of Scrat from IceAge. Gawd, I love Scrat!!!


Anyway...


March 14th is my boyfriend's birthday. He's not one to celebrate anything, but I love to. I would celebrate Fridays if I could (and usually do).
I decided to make him his very own minion.
When I made the body, I should have double stranded it, as the "denim" yarn was already doubled up. Let's just say that the shrink ray was involved.


What am I doing currently?
I am working on making an acorn purse for Spring. The squirrel can't be the only one to look all stylish with an acorn.
I am taking Brigitte Read's pattern and am going to add a branch with leaves for the strap. I am hoping it works out. Of course I never really frog anything, so any who read this will get to see it (and either laugh at it with me, or love it).

Add me to your Ravelry!
Hi, my name is ________

3 comments:

The StarFire Witch / Bald Girl said...

LOL the squirrel is so totally awesome!

Unknown said...

Sweet! Did you knit him... crochet him... It's hard to tell from the yarn you used. I like it, though. :)

Steph said...

OOOOOOOOOOMG. SQUIRREL! He makes my heart happy.