Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Whole Lotta Crafting Going on

I have been busy, but I've not been busy.
I've recently started working 4 10 hour days a week, which gives me 3 days off. In those 3 days, I get things that needed doing done -but I would like to continue finding time to craft and make things.
While bouncing around Ravelry, I came along the pattern for Gorge The Monster. Seeing how amazing the original looked, I HAD to make one.

Like all the other things made from a pattern, compared to mine...the original always looks MUCH better. I love mine...as long as I don't look at Gorge1 too much.
The same night last week that I made the monster above, I decided to work on a friend's birthday present.
I made her a monster that has a friend. The little friend is a little seed of Happiness. Happiness is made for sharing.

The same awesome friend that is getting a small bit of Happiness will be recieving a Ponyo doll.

Along with crocheting, today Riana and I made bubble tea and little birds.
After everything was cut out and we were starting to sew did I realize something weird. Our colour choices matched the colour of shirts we were wearing. In the words of Riana "If we were going to do a totally *girl* thing, today is it. Colour co-ordinating our crafts".
The pattern for the birds has them made in printed fabric which has a different feel to it than what we used -felt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay, I love the Ponyo one. She's adorable! And kind of reminds me of one of the Things from Dr. Seuss. :)