Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fancy that, Annie made a hat!


I found a hat pattern.
First time I started with the 19 stitches, and it was not long enough for me.
I undid it, and re-started with 25. Not too many, just enough to add a little extra length.
The pattern was super easy to follow, once I got passed the "how will this work" moment. Staring at the pattern, it did not make sense in my brain, but once it was on the hook, it was definately easy to visualize.
I would say this hat took about 3-4 hours. The skills needed were just basic.
I always forget what a HDC (half double crochet) is, but Google and I re-unite.

My brother wanted a dark hat for Christmas, but he is getting this one. It's made a little longer so he can have a fold down/up brim to keep his ears warm. It's got some dark colours. Plus, its made with bulky yarn so it's super warm.

I dont wear hats myself, but I was considering making myself a pink and white one.

2 comments:

Manda said...

I love it! Looks great!

The StarFire Witch / Bald Girl said...

I still need to learn how to knit a hat. *sigh* Good job on yours,.