Saturday, February 12, 2011

Let the yarn sing to you


What started off as a small idea, quickly turned into a vacation away what I would normally do.

For a swap on Facebook, I decided I was going to crochet while others were sewing and what have you.
When I first started to make her, I actually did not like how she was looking. I was thinking that I was going to frog her and end up sewing my own plushie to swap anyway.

After her tail was done, I had to add some frills to match the tutu frill around her waist. From the fringe frill, I had to add some spines up the tail.
The spines on the tail made me add some to her arms. Her arms are bendy due to the pipecleaners in them, all the better to help her swim.
The muted sea-ish colours made me want to add bright, lively colours as her hair.






I don’t know. From Frog Pond to Open Sea is a big leap. I am so glad I like her.
That is one thing about me. I never give up. Eventually, the project will show the creator what he/she/it was supposed to be.

2 comments: